Monday, December 4, 2006

STAR MEDIA GROUP PURCHASES CANADIAN IMMIGRANT MAG

Star Media Group, a division of Toronto Star Newspapers Ltd., has purchased the Burnaby-based publication, The Canadian Immigrant Magazine, the magazine’s publisher said today. Nick Noorani said Star Media Group will help launch the magazine nationally, with plans to print a Toronto edition in early 2007.
“For once, here’s a magazine born in Vancouver that is going to Toronto,” Noorani said. “I think it will be fabulous for us.” Noorani said he could not disclose the value of the deal. The Canadian Immigrant has a circulation of about 20,000 in the Lower Mainland. It carries articles about immigrant success stories, news and tips that help newcomers settle into Canada. Noorani and his wife Sabrina published the first edition of the magazine in April 2004, funding the publication through advertisement revenues and loans. (Van Sun)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you're
going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!


Also visit my site - diets that work for women